Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn More About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Many people in Virginia are unaware of the effect that hormonal imbalance can have on their health. This ranges from minor annoyances like dry skin and acne to serious health conditions like diabetes. When patients and doctors fail to make the hormonal connection to their symptoms or disorder, the problem tends to get worse instead of better. This is what leads men and women to investigate Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Virginia in the first place.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can relieve symptoms or even eliminate several common conditions caused by a lack of hormone balance. Doctors in Virginia who offer this therapy use it because the plant hormones in each individual compound match what the human body produces nearly perfectly. This allows for faster absorption by the body as well as better tolerance. Although minor side effects are possible, most people don’t experience anything bothersome enough to make them stop the treatment. Soreness at the site of the injection is the most commonly reported issue.
The ability to customize a treatment plan for each patient based on his or her hormone panel results and current symptoms is another reason that holistic doctors prefer Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. If you have been struggling with a specific health issue and you aren’t finding relief through traditional means, consider how Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Virginia could help.
Health Conditions Improved with Natural Hormone Replacement
The conditions described below all respond favorably to Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Conditions Treated With BHRT:
- Adrenal Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders occur when your adrenal glands make too much or not enough hormones. These glands produce hormones that you can’t live without, including sex hormones and cortisol. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can be used to bring your adrenal hormone levels back to optimal levels.
- Andropause is marked by the declining production of testosterone in men. This usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. BHRT is a natural therapy to restore youthful levels of testosterone and relieve the symptoms of andropause.
- Fibromyalgia is chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to touch that may be localized or prevalent all over the body. Checking your sex hormones and cortisol production will help determine if a deficiency may be a contributing factor and whether BHRT can help.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin resistance occurs when your body either does not produce enough insulin or is not using insulin effectively. This causes glucose levels in your blood to elevate, leading to diabetic symptoms and complications. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help treat the underlying cause of some forms of insulin resistance.
- Menopause is a gradual process that happens when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy uses natural hormones to provide relief from symptoms and to correct hormonal imbalances and deficiencies.
- Osteoporosis occurs when bone density decreases, often due to estrogen deficiency. Osteoporosis often occur in women after menopause. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore the proper amounts of estrogen needed to protect you from osteoporosis.
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder affecting the nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown bioidentical hormone therapy, especially two forms of bioidentical estrogen, estradiol and estriol, may slow the progression and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Perimenopause occurs in the years before menopause when the ovaries produce less estrogen. Symptoms can include menstrual irregularities, hot flashes, low libido, vaginal dryness and insomnia. Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help ease the side effects of this natural transition.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Thyroid Issues such as hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism can affect your overall health and wellness. Every cell in your body depends on thyroid hormones. When your thyroid is not performing well, it can wreak havoc on your body. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore proper thyroid hormone balance.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Weight Loss Resistance can occur when factors such as chronic stress, age or genetic variables disrupt the hormonal balance of the body. Imbalances of estrogen and progesterone are typical causes of weight loss resistance. Restoring optimal hormone levels with bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help you get to a healthy weight.
Say Yes to Your Health
This represents only a small sample of health issues that may benefit from Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Virginia. If you’re ready to leave chronic health problems behind, review our directory and schedule a consultation with the doctor of your choice today.
Congratulations on Taking Charge of Your Health!
Locate Qualified Virginia Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Doctors by City
Nu-Living Optimal Wellness and Longevity Center
611 S. Carlin Springs Rd., Suite 411
Arlington, Virginia 22204
Vitality Integrative Medicine
8421 Dorsey Circle, Suite 102
Manassas, Virginia 20110